Sunday, November 17, 2013

Satisfying Hope

Satisfying hope is only found in Jesus. Blaise Pascal said, "There is a God -shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled  by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus. As this song by Lanny Wolfe states:

The world will try to satisfy
That longing in your soul.
You can search this wide world o're,
But you'll be just as before.
You'll never find true satisfaction
Until you find the Lord.
For only Jesus can satisfy your soul.

Only Jesus can satisfy your soul.
Yes, only He can change your heart
And make you whole.
He'll give you peace you never knew,
Sweet love and joy and heaven, too.
For only Jesus can satisfy your soul.

Isaiah 55:1-3a says, "Come, everyone who is thirsty, come to the waters; and you without money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost! Why do you spend money on what is not good, and your wages on what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and you will enjoy the choicest of foods.  Pay attention and come to Me; listen, so that you will live". This is talking about how we spend our money, time and lives striving to find satisfaction. Jesus freely offers satisfaction in the gift of salvation and relationship with Him.

He loves, He saves,
He keeps, He satisfies
This longing heart of mine.
He fills my life to overflowing
With His joy and peace divine.
He guides, He guards,
He watches over me,
He slumbers not nor sleeps.
For He is my glorious Savior.
And He loves, He saves, He keeps.

When we give our lives to follow Jesus and walk in His ways, grounded in the Word, He will satisfy us and meet those deep needs we all have. As Psalms 63:5-8 says, "You satisfy me as with rich food. My mouth will praise you with joyful lips. When I think of you as I lie on by bed, I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my helper; I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings. I follow close to You; Your right hand holds on to me".

 I am weak but thou art strong.
Jesus keep me from all wrong.
I'll be satisfied as long.
As I walk, let me walk,
Close to Thee.

Just a closer walk with thee.
Grant is Jesus is my plea.
Daily walking close to thee.
Let it be, Dear Lord, let it be.

Stay close to Jesus. Let Him satisfy you with His unlimited riches and you will experience hope beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment