Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hope for Eternity

When I think of hope for eternity, one of my favorite songs comes to mind:
              
Just think of stepping on shore - 
And finding it Heaven!
Or touching a hand - 
And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air - 
And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory - 
And finding it home! 
What an amazing thought: to leave this world with its disappointments and disillusions and dwell forever with Our Heavenly Father. We were made for a different existence - in God's kingdom of love. As "Heaven's Song" by Phil Wickham says:

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills.
I want to drink from sweeter waters. 
In the misty morning chill. 
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong.
I can't wait to join the angels 
And sing my heaven song.

"No More Night" by David Phelps reminds us what heaven will be like:
The timeless theme, 
Earth and Heaven will pass away.
It's not a dream, 
God will make all things new that day. 
Gone is the curse 
From which I stumbled and fell.
Evil is banished to eternal hell.

No more night, no more pain.
No more tears, never crying again. 
And praises to the great, "I AM"
We will live in the light of the risen Lamb.
Wow! If I keep my eyes on Jesus and live with eternity in mind, I will live a life filled with hope no matter what my circumstances.

It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus.
Life's trials will seem so small,
 When we see Christ.
One glimpse of His dear face,
All sorrow will erase.
So bravely run the race,
Till we see Christ.

 May you set your affections on things above and look "for the hope (positive expected end) which is laid up for you in Heaven". Colossians 1:5


No comments:

Post a Comment