Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bringing Hope

We bring hope to our world when we spend our lives serving others.

Out on the highways and byways of life, 
Many are weary and sad.
Carry the sunshine 
Where darkness is rife, 
Making the sorrowing glad. 
Give as was given to you in your need.
Love as the Master loves you.
Be to the helpless, a helper indeed.
Unto your mission be true.

Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing,
Out of my life, May Jesus shine.
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray.
Make me a blessing to someone today.


In Matthew 25: 35, Jesus says," I was hungry and you gave me something to eat.  I was  thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me.  I was in prison and you came to visit me." The disciples asked when they had done all those things for him. He answered, "Whatever you did for one of the least of these, you did for me."

Someone is needing a blessing today.
Something to cheer him 
On life's rugged way,
Needing a friend who is faithful and true,
Will that someone be you?

Someone is waiting in sorrow and night,
Needing the word of Salvation and Light.
Someone will bear it, his hope to renew,
Will that someone be you?

Jesus is waiting for someone,
Waiting and calling for someone;
Someone will answer and go in His name;
O, will that someone be you?

God's plan is so amazing in that He has chosen to use us to bring His message of love and hope to this world. What a privilege to be used by God to touch lives for eternity.


His Spirit lives within us,
Flowing like a river. 
Filling us with strength,
So that we can reach
Out for our brother.
Help one another.

Some of us build,
Some are teachers.
Some can sing like angels.
But all of us can love.
Like He loved,
Pure and simple,
So warm and tender.

We are His hands,
We are His feet,
We are His people.
Children of Lord.
We share the hope, 
We share the dream,
Believers in Jesus
Children of the King.

May you live a life of loving service bringing hope to your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment