Sunday, August 11, 2013

Singing Hope

Singing hope is found when we take that step of faith, and begin to follow our Savior. This is my testimony song:

I used to play a tune filled with discord.
I wondered why 
I was born on this earth.
Then I met Jesus, 
I gave Him my life, 
And He gave me a song of new birth.

It's a song 
That has the sweetest melody,
For it tells 
Of Christ coming from above,
Of His death 
On Calvary's cruel tree,
Of His grace, 
Forgiveness, and wondrous love.

There may come situations 
I don't understand,
 But the melody is there, 
Just the same.
When I look up into my Savior's face,
I can't help singing 
Praises to His name.

He writes a song of love upon my heart.
He writes a song 
That never shall depart.
He writes a song 
That makes my whole world bright.
And keeps me singing in the night.

Music is an incredible tool for bringing hope into our lives.  Most of us have memories of special times associated with music - singing around a piano or a campfire; harmonizing in a choir or group; playing in an orchestra or band; making up silly songs to impress our friends. These times encourage and strengthen us. But remember the truth found in this song:

Sing, sing a song.
Sing it loud, sing it long.
Don't worry that it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear.
Just sing, sing a song.

Psalms 150 is an incredible reminder to sing praises the Lord.
  1. Where - in His sanctuary, in His mighty heavens. 
  2. Why - for His acts of power, for His surpassing greatness. 
  3. How - with timbrel and dance, strings, pipes and cymbals. 
  4. Who - let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

I have a song that Jesus gave me.
It was sent from heaven above.
There never was a sweeter melody.
It's the melody of love.

In my heart there rings a melody,
Rings a melody with heaven's harmony.
In my heart there rings a melody.
Rings a melody of love.

May a song of praise reverberate in your heart bringing hope and joy to all your days.












but

No comments:

Post a Comment